Friday, June 18, 2010

Island Oasis Origami Purse

Look what I made today!!! I love both the Origami Purse as well as the Lily - project finished size is 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 4" (height is measured to the top of the handle). For this project I used a 7-1/4" square Island Oasis DSP. Any square shape will work. See below for the links to the video for this project. I love it when someone has a video for YOU!!!!

The lily comes out of the purse - revealing some treats. Note: 2 sides of the purse has a scallop oval in Pumpkin Pie to cover up the other side of the printed DSP.

Oh, how I love lily flowers..............Dusty Durango as lightly sponged on the edges and fold lines. So Saffron was used for the center of the lily and dot the center with a So Saffron Stampin' Write Pen. The tip of the stamen is colored with the So Saffron Stampin' Write Pen, too.


Here's a cute little flower at the top of the handle:

The embellishment used for the top of the handle............tie a single knotted grosgrain ribbon, punch flower, adhere with mini glue dot to clear bitty button with polka dots showing. Punch a 1/2" Old Olive circle to make leaves, adhere to grosgrain ribbon with a mini glue dot.
TO MAKE:
  • the Origami Purse: visit www.tethered2home.com posted 4/21/2010 for a video - ya gotta have a video for this one.
  • the Lilly: visit www.valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/2010/06/punched-paper-lily.html - whoo-hoo she also has a video to make this and this link will bring you directly to the project posted.

Here's the Lily assembled:

Supplies:
  • Stamps: none
  • CS: Island Oasis DSP, Whisper White, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
  • Ink: So Saffron, Dusty Durango
  • Accys: Wide Oval Punch, So Saffron Stampin' Write Pen, 1/2" Circle Punch, Bitty Punch, Bitty Buttons, Bo Ho Blossom Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 1/4" Pumpkin Grosgrain Ribbon, Tombow Adhesive, Mini Glue Dot, Sticky Tape

Thank you for stopping by today.......Have a great weekend!!! See you next week!!!! :)

5 comments:

helen said...

Love the origami purse! And the Lily is so lovely!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, what a nice gift for a friend. TFS Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

Anonymous said...

Patti you are so creative. I just love your site. I look forward to it every day. Donna

Court said...

Oh my goodness Patti!!! Your work is so gorgeous and sophisticated! I love that you're in SF as well! I will have to put you on my list for our next swarm! I have no idea when I will have it (summer is crazy), but I would love it if you would come! :)

Creations by Patti said...

Hey Courtney

what is a "swarm" - is this a meet-up?

Patti