Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Asian RAK Received

I am the most fortunate person to receive this beautiful card from my friend Gene L. who was visiting from Las Vegas. I can't tell you how beautiful this card this. Look at all the detail involved! The finished size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2. This card is made in my absolute favorite colors and of course in my favorite theme: Asian. Like the falling petals? Those are hand trimmed...........and scattered on the front card cover.

Open up the front screens to reveal.................a calendar:

Here's a closer view of the details: double layer cut flowers with die cut branch. Those specs of gold: OMG - she really punched them out using a 1/16" hand held punch and individually glued them on...........now that is a real Crafter!!!!

Here's an overview of the card:

A close-up of the inside round screen:
Don't you just love this card........stay tuned tom for the 2nd card Gene gave me.................

16 comments:

eunice said...

Wow, Gene's work is absolutely beautiful! Love all the intricate cutting and gluing of the screen, sakura and branches...this is truly a treasure. Lucky you to have such wonderfully creative friends!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Patti. The attention to detail is just amazing.

June K. said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love it.

Gunnila said...

simply gorgeous!

mypaperpleasure said...

Patti, it is a wonderful, 100% Asian style, reminds me of the ancient Chinese New Year, with the warm welcome of spring, mummm.. those were the days.

Brenda said...

this is just beautiful! thanks for sharing!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Wow...I have to case this!! I have been doing Cherry Blossoms.. this is absolutely beautiful!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

obviously made for a favorite friend :)

CHARLOTTE said...

Beautiful card - I'd like to know how she cut the screen. By hand? or is it a die or punch?

- - Sheryl - - said...

beautiful - love the colors

Pat Jandacek said...

I agree with you. An absolutely beautiful card. I'm tempted to try CASEing it! Can't wait to see the next one. Lucky you, and generous, too. TFS

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, I was blog hopping and found your awesome blog. What a BEAUTIFUL card. I'll add you to my "Blogs that Inspire Me." on my blog. Thanks for sharing.

Karli said...

wow, this is serious card art! The details are amazing- just beautiful! Hugs~

Helen said...

Wow, Gene really put lots of work into this card. Stunning!!!

LaurelH79 said...

Love The Card. So beautiful

janetmacd123 said...

Such a beautiful Asian style card! I love it! I love making Japanese and Korean style paper dolls using origami. This card would be great as a background for an origami Japanese paper doll! You are so lucky!