Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Year of the Dragon Calendars

Now here's a grrreat surprise I got in the mail and finally got around to posting it to share with you all. I got this from my fabulous and creative friend Gene L. This calendar is 5-3/4" x 8-1/2" and has a magnetic back. I absolutely love the gold frame detail and I mean detail............yikes!!! It is a Cherry Lynn flat steel rule die and cuts so beautifully. The detailed dragon is also a Cherry Lyn flat steel rule die, too. I tell ya, I don't even know how she ever adhered this detailed dragon to the card stock - goodness!!!!

Want to see this dragon up close?

Even the calendar part is very clever: it is from the Sizzix Architectural Accents Die set. She cut four of them and put them together to make the frame..........cool and very clever!
Well, not only did I receive one fabulous calendar, I got another one in the same package. This is one is so cute: it is an easel style but what is so dainty is the randomly scattered cherry blossoms. The frame is detailed with gold edging. This octagonal frame is possibly a Spellbinders Nestibility. This calendar size is 3-3/4" x 3-3/4"

The easel reveals a ornate Dragon embossed in black on gold card stock.
Hmmm..which one do I like best? I can't decide - I love both!!!!! Thank you so much much Gene for thinking of me! Blog friends are the very BEST!!!!

2 comments:

Jan Castle said...

Love, love, love them!!!! WOW, lucky you Patti!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Anonymous said...

The dragon and frames are so detailed and gorgeous! Maybe Gene used adhesive sheets. Suzi