Wednesday, May 9, 2012

College Graduation Celebration

I hope the gal who is getting this gift is not a follower on my blog..............THAT would spoil the surprise! Yup, it's another Bitty Book..............yeek, my inventory of raw books is getting "low". This gift is for a college graduate. The card is made from the left over 12x12 paper. Paper is from Scrapbook Customs "Graduation Word Collage".

School colors are Gold, Silver, and Cranberry-ish. The scallop frame is made from Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Large Ovals and the white frame is from the Classic Small Oval. The girl silhouette is a SVG cut (sorry, I don't have the source). Add a little white grosgrain ribbon as the finishing touch. The envelope is also embellished with a strip from the 12x12 paper.

Card inside:

The Bitty Book: It's a SU Top Note Bigz die Dot embossed and has a spinning graduation hat: a svg cut from myCricutsScrapbooking.com (mytimetocraft.com). I love how the words :congratulations peeks out through the window. The name is made by using my Cricut Storybook cartridge..........can you believe I used my Cricut............once in a blue moon......so when is the moon blue? Never!!! But now I feel better I used a cartridge.

In the corner; three decorated flowers made by using a punch with a black brad, attached using a mini glue dot.

As always, my favorite: charms on the spine. I used a purse, cell phone, frame, and a high heel shoe. Add a little glossy accent to secure the ribbons.
On the album cover, I used one of the $1 Michael Stamps where the message is : write your own story" because the graduate will have a Journalism degree.
Here's a over head view of the album

Inside the album without the pages: Alphabet embossing folder used along with a contrasting strip of SU Cherry Cobbler and leftover 12x12 paper worked great.

Here are the photo holders: each one has a sticker with a graduation theme. Originally the sticker sheet was only in black and white. To add that little color: Copic R59 was used on the tassels and ribbon in the stickers. On the backside, there is room for journaling and photos.

I love how this turned out and I do hope Ashley will like it, too.
A happy crafting day to all of you.

4 comments:

Karli said...

stunning Patti. So classy & classic. She will love them :) Hugs~

Jan Castle said...

This really is a beauty Patti!!! Wonderful color combo too!
Jan

singh.nishtha@gmail.com said...

Hey,

This graduation book is awesome...love the colors used..the detailing is impeccable...

Black, Red and white are my all time favorite....

eunice said...

Without a doubt, Ashley will be thrilled to receive this wonderful keepsake mini album. As always, you did such an amazing job with this. What a neat idea to do a spinner on the cover...and love those charms! Very, VERY COOL!!!