Friday, June 22, 2012

Musical Birthday Card

For the gal who loves to play (and teach) piano: this card was cute!  The SVG cut file is from My Scrap Chick and can be found here.  I used my SCAL computer program and my Silhouette to cut all the pieces. The original card was portrait, mine is changed to landscape position. Made in my favorite colors: Red, White, Black with co-ordinating mini dots red/black paper. Details of stamped message used below.
Here's a closer look at the crystal gel pen used to outline all the musical notes: for that shimmery look!
Card inside: Notes are also outlined with Crystal Gel pen. Top and bottom board is punched with EK Success scallop boarder punch. Also added 1/4" red and white grosgrain ribbons. "happy Birthday" is cut from SVGcuts.com Happy Birthday to You collection Cupcake Lever Card.
Side view of card:
This stamped message is from retired SU Congrats stamp set:  
This message is from Paper Trey Inc's Big Birthday Wishes stamp set:
To make the pop-up:
Side view of pop-up:
That's all for today.......have a crafty day!

5 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a great card! I LOVE polka dots! Wishing you a good weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Karli said...

Hi Patti,
I just wanted you to know I FINALLY used my SCAL 2 & made a project for my son's teacher. It was so easy & fast, I am totally kicking myself for not using it sooner!!! Thank you for the inspiration my friend :) hugs~

Kit said...

Nifty pop up for the birthday message. Thanks for sharing.

Jan Castle said...

You just have to come show me how to do this!!!!! It's a wonderful card and an adorable pop-up!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

eunice said...

What a fun card for a music lover! Lovin' all the neat projects you've created with the files over at SVGcuts. You're such an inspiration!