Monday, July 23, 2012

Miyoko Double Slider Match Box

This is the third and last image from Sister Stamps Release #8: Miyoko. It's time I made something in red so I used some SU retired designer paper that I have been hoarding.  This is a double slider matchbox treat holder.  The SU exclusive Sizzix Matchbox die was used for this project.  There is a video tutorial on the Split Coast Stampers site here. That Lacy Oval is actually a FREE SVG cut file from SVGcuts.com (posted on 4-25-11). The shape is easily re-sized using my SCAL computer program for this project.  I love that!!! There are four Hershey nuggets inside............yummy.
Copic Colors used for Miyoko:
Hair: W10, W8, W7, W5, W4
Cupcake: E71
Dress/Hair: R46, RV10, R81
Pull the decorative knot to reveal:
The knot tie is from my stash. These can be possibly purchased from a local Asian Store or even a Asian Stationary store may have them. Attach to end of matchbox through a pierced hole. Then secure ends either by gluing them down or really sticky tape.
The stamped message is actually from SU On Your Birthday. I cut off the other words "it's your day" to get this snipped message. You can see part of the "slider - 1-1/4" square punch used for the clear plastic mechanism slider.
Back of the Matchbox: nice and clean.
Hope you enjoy this post...............have yourself a very crafty day.

4 comments:

Arabella said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! What a lovely idea!

Arabella

ARTiMAGINE said...

Unbelievably cute!!!

I love the use of so much RED!!!

Jan Castle said...

Oh Patti....this is soooooooo cute!
You do such lovely work!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

StampinwithAloha said...

OMG! You are so talented! Love this! And I admire your Copic skills! Have you considered doing a video tutorial on how to do asian hair?