Monday, April 8, 2013

Completed RAK Kits

Yay! I finished the RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) from Lianne/Cute Stuff posted previously on my blog on 4/2/2013.  Here they are side by side with the original:
First up: the House..........oh so cute! Finished house size is 2-1/2" x 3-1/4".
This one is with a small dog (stamp from Dandelion Designs) peeking out the window waiting for his master to return! Stamped flowers and flower pot are popped with foam squares. Images are from Dandelion Designs. I love the dotted paper Lianne/Cute Stuff used for this project.
Second project: Floating Angel
It's not Christmas but it sure is cute so it doesn't matter.  The finished box size is 2-1/2" x 1" x 1-1/2". See how versatile this project template can be a calendar holder or a special gift for an Angel.
update: note the Angel is attached to a narrow strip of acetate to help her "float".
The drawer pulls out so it can be filled with sweets or something like paper clips. I used a white button adhered using a mini glue dot. I love how the ribbon  is around the top of the box.
A closer look at the Angel - she is all glittery (Thank you Lianne for doing this for me!!!)
Third and last project: Box with Flip flops
The sample and my project are pretty similar, eh? Finished project size is 4" x 4" x 1".
I used my own stamped image for this project and it worked fine.  Added the Stickles and it turned out great. For the stem and leaves, I used the left over trimmings from the kit to hand cut them. Edges are sponged. The (punched) grass is also left over  from another project I made.
Inside: flip-flops!!!! so cute!!!! There's actually room in the box for a piece of chocolate square graham cracker.......couldn't find one quick enough.
Cute projects, eh? So if you are interested in getting any of the above kits or similar kits, contact Lianne at Cute Stuff at the following:
Cute Stuff
C/O Lianne
2600 South King Street, #204
Honolulu, HI 96826

tel 808-944-2097
fax 808-946-6717


3 comments:

Karen L said...

How does the angel float? I can't figure it out!

Creations by Patti said...

I've updated my blog to explainhow the Angel floats: it's with a small strip of acetate.......clever, eh?

Jan Castle said...

What a clever idea Patti....really cute!
Jan