Monday, October 7, 2013

Star Wars Birthday Card

My youngest brother's birthday had come and gone because I dragged myself to finish this card..........I love how it turned out and I am certain he will also enjoy it (and not throw it out). He is a Star Wars fan and this was a great way to give him a unique card.  I kept this card simple  because there are eight images. Scrappy Dew Star Fighters SVG cut file found hereEach image was re-sized, then popped up with foam squares. Not too bad to assemble all those pieces - details on each images below. Stampin Up Night of Navy and Bashful Blue card stock used. A variety of scraps used for the images to cut using my Silhouette.  Finished card size is 9-1/4" x 4-1/4" so it will fit inside a legal envelope

Hero Arts Clear Stamp Set used on the banner called Decorate Your Own cake. It is the perfect size for the Happy Birthday message on the card front and inside. The Embossing folder used is Darice Stars Assorted - I love the variety of star sizes in this embossing folder.
Card inside:
:
Han Solo is 3" tall: Edge of hair is sponged with brown ink. His white shirt is inked with a little Copic W1 to create just a little shadow. White gel pen is used for the shoe top.
Princess Leia is 3" tall: Edge of hair is using brown ink and her white dress is  inked with a little Copic W1 to create just a little shadow.
Stormtrooper is 3-1/3" tall: all white pieces are inked with a little Copic W1 to create just a little shadow. White gel pen is used for the weapon.
R2-D2 is 1-3/4" tall: White pieces are inked with a little Copic W1 to create just a little shadow.  A red pen is used for his button.
Luke Skywalker is 3" tall: His shirt white pieces are inked with a little Copic W1 to create just a little shadow. Both his hair and boots are inked with brown ink on the edges.  A white gel pen is used on his eyes.
 Obi-Wan Kenobi is 2-1/4" tall: His clothing has brown ink on the edges.
Chewbacca is 3-1/2" tall: he actually looks like a cuddly puppy. All edges are inked with brown ink. A white  gel pen is used in his eyes.
 Darth Vader is 3-1/4" tall: A white gel pen is used to highlight some parts of his uniform.
Hope you enjoyed this quick post..........it was challenging to get all the characters onto a card and kinds in proportion (with the max size of the envelope in mind).. I know my brother will get a kick out  of this card. 



12 comments:

Unknown said...

NIce, but these are Star Wars not Star Trek characters.

Jan Castle said...

Such an interesting theme...love it and any guy and/or kid would too! Cool diversion from your usual and a good job of getting them all on your card - LOL!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

cropsticks said...

LOVE the Star Wars characters. Great job Patti!

Unknown said...

Just adorable what great work. You are so talented. What a lucky brother to get a card with so much work in it.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Awesome!!!! Fabulous Star Wars card!!!

Karli said...

Luuuuuuuv this SO much Patti!

Anonymous said...

I think your Star Wars characters are very cute. I also have a Silhouette. I would appreciate it if you would let me know where to find the svg files. Thank you.

Stacey said...

Hi Patti,
my grandsons would love this card, where can I get the svg files?
thank you soooo much -Stacey

Unknown said...

Hi I am desperate for Star wars cutting files and love your star wars characters. I would love to use or purchase these but cant seem to find the link.
Can you help please?? Thanks xx

Unknown said...

Hi Patti I, too, am in desperate need for the Star Wars cutting file for a 6 year old birthday card. I contacted the scrappy dew company and learned they no longer carry the files. Do you know of any other sites who carries the SVG files or anyone willing to share? Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

Hi Patti I, too, am in desperate need for the Star Wars cutting file for a 6 year old birthday card. I contacted the scrappy dew company and learned they no longer carry the files. Do you know of any other sites who carries the SVG files or anyone willing to share? Thank you so much.

Debbie said...

Do you have directions of how to make your Star Wars characters? My grandsons birthday is coming up and he wants a Star Wars theme. This would be perfect!